Thursday, September 6, 2007

You can feel the tension . . .

I counted the other day...since I began my work life 35 years ago...I have been through 17 different computer software conversions. That doesn't count all the upgrades that have happened on our home computer over the years. This week now marks my 18th. The school district has connected us to a new internet based software for all of our student management ie. attendance, student scheduling, registration, transcripts, grades, etc. etc. Well, today at approximately 11:00am it all came to a screeching halt when the system locked up because it couldn't handle the volume of users accessing the database....duhhh....it's always something, don't they think about these things...arrrghhhhh. I can recall in every conversion I have ever been through, the techies say, "It will be easier, you can access the information faster, it is user friendly, you will like it so much better"..CAUTION whenever the term "user" friendly is used beware. OH and whenever they say, "It will make your job much easier"...just punch them right away..they don't know what they are talking about...Especially when they don't do your job!!!!! Freaking computer people....they are the only ones whoever think things are "user" friendly. Something that is "User friendly" is my bed, my hot tub, and my Nordstroms credit card NOT my computer or it's software....yikes...I am a little stressed today.... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How'd the Beavs do today?

Le' Monica said...

They apparently did't show up, another team dressed as them did
:(

Anonymous said...

The Ducks showed up in Michigan though. At least there is one good team in Oregon! GO DUCKS!!