Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's a bumper crop!



Our garden is finally bursting!!!..after waiting and watching...everything seems to be ripe NOW.. Cucumbers, beans, peppers and tomatos...Lot's of tomatos..This year I planted Romas and Red Stars. I love tomatoes, they do give me sores in my mouth though, because I eat too many of them...We have them on salad, just plain with salt & mayo on them, in sandwiches and my favorite...in salsa. We also share them...it's a farming thing I guess. When you have too much of something..you take some to your neighbor and share. Our neighbor usually returns the favor with smoked steelhead... it's a great trade! I'm not really into canning, I suppose I should, so we just have to eat them fresh while they ripen. My favorite salsa recipe...tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, mild jalapeno pepper, salt..chop, blend, dip with chip! Guess I'll get started....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice 'maters! You really should can them if you have enough coming from your garden. They taste so good all winter long, much better than the mass produced canned tomatoes.
I used to go to the farm and buy tomatoes just so I could can them!
Canning tomatoes is easy too. :)

Happy tomato eating whatever you decide to do!
Tai-Tai