Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Remote Control . . .

Is it only me or do you have this problem at your house?

In the rare moment that I am able to quietly watch TV with the remote control in my hand, these are my selections . . .
  • Paula Deen cooking up something on the Food Network, I just love her style, although I reduce the butter in her recipes she makes by at least 1/2...she's a hoot!
  • Entertainment Tonight - I know this is a waste of brain cells but if I can't keep up on what's happening with Britney Spears, OJ Simpson, and who the latest date on George Clooney's arm is, my life would be over..haha!
  • Animal Planet - if I channel surf and land on this channel it usually stays here for awhile, I really enjoy all their stories or documentaries. Their photography is always brilliant.
  • The Travel Channel - I can dream. .
  • NBC Evening News with Brian Williams - yeah, he's got my vote, not switching to Katie, nope.
  • The Office - new shows, reruns, doesn't matter I love this show.
  • CMT - music videos, can't help it that I love looking at those country boys!
  • Shawshank Redemption, Cool Hand Luke, or Grease - ok this is sad, if I am surfing through channels and any one of these movies are on, I start watching the movie whereever it is...it's like hypnotic or something, I can't seem to move the channel until I have finished watching it to the end.

OK..now let me share what actually appears on our TV, oh I'd say 99.9% of the time.

  • World Poker Tour
  • NFL Football, live, commentaries, replays, etc. Monday Night, Thursday Night, Sunday Day & Night...(am I missing any?)
  • According to Jim (Dale thinks this show is about us, I don't)
  • Hunting Shows - especially with "annoying" Ted Nugent
  • America's Funniest Video's
  • History Channel
  • Perry Mason
  • Spike TV
  • Did I mention World Poker Tour?
  • Deal or No Deal (something about the ladies with the boxes I gather)
  • Major League Baseball
  • Golf
  • Two and a Half Men

And some people wonder why families have multiple TV's in their home, I rest my case. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one... But in our house it's ESPN or ESPN 2!!

~Nic

Peggy said...

Animal Planet and Two and 1/2 Men. Yeh, Peg