Monday, September 17, 2007

Root Canal vs. Insurance Shopping




It's been awhile (long while) so it was time again to comparison shop for auto/home insurance policies. I hate doing this stuff so I put it off, but it seems our current company - Country Insurance and Financial Services, is not serving our best interests. So online and calling I go..it sucks. I have to take time off work to do this because insurance companies are only open during my work hours. It seems like I have to tell my tale to each company I call, fax documents..blah, blah, blah. We have narrowed our choices down to Nationwide, MetLife, American Family Insurance, and State Farm. I am typing out this big ole spreadsheet so we can compare, current coverage, more coverage, better coverage, ie. earthquake & sewer backup coverage (might come in handy). There are soo many options, I think I am going to need to take out extra healthcare coverage after stressing about picking the right company. It looks like we are probably going to go with State Farm, they seem to have the best rate for the buck and they are local. At least we are not insuring young male drivers in our home any longer...ALLELUIA!!

No comments: