Monday, March 31, 2008

Creating a cookbook . . .

So I have embarked on this project. I am gathering recipes to submit to a publishing company that will produce a professional looking but affordable cookbook. It all started with trying to come up with a personal contribution to the turf field/stadium renovation fundraising project that is in full swing at our high school. I enjoy cooking and I enjoy a good tailgate party! so what better than to create the "Viking Tailgater's Cookbook"? We have had advertisements in our local school newsletter, district webpage, community newspaper and even the Oregonian gave us some press about gathering recipes of dishes you would bring to a Tailgate/BBQ party. My goal is to have at least 100 recipes before I send everything into the publisher in early May. We will sell the books for $10.00 before the start of next football season, with proceeds going toward stadium improvements. The recipe contributor will have their recipe and name appear in the cookbook, as well as have their name entered into a drawing for a huge "Tailgater's gift basket" complete with items you could use at a tailgate party. This has been a fun project, and I have seen some really good recipes that I am excited to try out! So far I have received about 68 recipes, so I have a ways to go to get to 100. If you are interested in sending me a favorite, feel free! Categories are Appetizers & Beverages; Soups & Salads; Vegetables & Side Dishes; Main Dishes; Breads & Rolls; Desserts; Cookies & Candy; This & That. I will make sure you know when the books arrive so you can pick up a copy! I can smell the Hawaiian marinaded pork chops on the grill already (yep, received a good recipe for that!) . . .mmmmm . .

No comments: