Friday, March 28, 2008

My contribution . . .

To the global economy happened today. I went shopping for some clothes for myself to wear this spring. I headed out to a couple of stores that I like, Macy's, Coldwater Creek, Chico's and the Gap. I tried some things on, put more things back than I bought and when I got home unloaded everything onto my bed to start cutting tags off. Out of curiosity I started looking at labels. The tops I bought at Macy's were made in Guatemala and Bangladesh, the necklace I picked up was made in the Philippines. The skirt I bought at Coldwater Creek was made in India, the blouse China and the earrings India. A pair of khaki's at the Gap made in China. Top at Chico's, Guatemala. Now I am becoming obsessed...geezzzz is every piece of clothing made somewhere else? I start looking at some baby things I picked up this past week at Oshkosh, made in China, what about Carter's, made in Mexico and China. Guess it's just not something I really spend time really looking at. SO . . . when my (our) economic stimulus check comes in the mail from George W. sometime in May, (what is GW thinking? sending us money that the government (aahh..GW) says they don't have?) Be assured that we are helping the world economy and not just the little ole USofA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh...let's see, where does your globalized, right wing brother start??

Those clothes you picked up...do you want to pay 30 - 40 times more for them? Then, buy them made in the USA. You can thank the unions for that. Basic consumer goods manufacturing is done in the States, because unions dominate the industries and demand wages that are insanely high for such positions. The countries you mentioned have populations begging for those entry-level, minimum wage jobs that people in the USA scoff at.

As for the money Dubya is sending back...it was Congress that authorized the bill...not Dubya. So, a majority of left leaning Dems had to vote for it. Besides...its not the government's money...it's mine and yours. The government confiscates it from me and you every month. If they didn't give it back to me, Dubya would spend it on some dumb-assed education bill that threw money to illegal immigrants that never paid into the system in the first place.

Remember...when you vote...vote for the person that talks about LESS government. Oh yeah...there isn't anyone talking about that, is there. Where is Ronald Reagan when you need him?

You need to go talk to Mom sometime. Heh...

Le' Monica said...

Wooohoooo..fire it up! You should get your butt back over here and run for office. VOTE FOR BRIAN!