Friday, March 21, 2008

Starting break with a little Flag Football . . .

A Students vs. Staff flag football game was played tonight at the new turf field at Pacific University. A senior project of a member of the football team. There were 20 students and 18 staff members (4 ladies) and I will start by saying, YES, I was the 2nd to the oldest person who participated. The oldest being our head football coach. It was really fun, we played 8 on 8 with a minimum of 2 ladies in at all time. SO you see that us four ladies got alot of playing time. I had a very small but mighty cheering section of hubby and oldest son, my team mates thought it was pretty funny when they kept yelling for the ball to be thrown to me. Which thank gawd!! didn't happen or I would have freaked out! I ran the field pretty well for a geezer and it was fun having the kids cheer me on and yell, "Hey, Mrs. C is open, throw it to her!", but you know the male teachers testosterone gets flowing and they all become very "competitive" so no passes to the girls. Actually it appeared to be very dangerous in the endzone each time a long pass was thrown to a crowd vertically jumping men! That's ok, we had great fun anyway. Even hubby commented on how fast I ran and how well I played defense, so that's all that mattered to me. I do have a sneaking suspicion that tomorrow I will not be moving too well, my calves are beginning to cramp and my quads are kind of sore. No pain, No gain isn't that what they say....doesn't matter this old gal will gain anyway. See ya next year boys!

No comments: