Sunday, March 29, 2009

All good things must end . . .

I had very good intentions this Spring Break week of getting lots of work done. Like spending some time getting my blog updated (didn't happen), taking all my riff-raff off of the kitchen walls and giving it a fresh coat of paint (didn't happen), to organize a photo album of all my Mom & Dad's old pictures (didn't happen), to contact a couple of bathtub refinishers and get bids for our main bathroom (didn't happen), get our carpets shampooed throughout the house (nope, didn't happen) well . . there I have confessed (it's a Catholic guilt thing). Here it is Sunday afternoon and it's too late to get started on anything new, right?! I feel good about lots of things that DID happen this week though!. . I had a nice lunch out with Dani, Nicole, Lucas & Brayden (who were very good boys at Red Robin), enjoyed a fun afternoon shopping for perennial plants at Al's Garden Center (to the tune of $100 before I knew it! oops), and a relaxing 3 day get away to Cannon Beach with my Mom at a really nice place. Tomorrow it's back to the routine and hopefully not such a crazy month as March. Looking back on the March calendar we had far too many appointments, meetings, trainings, after hours school events, crazy work issues (hirings, resignations, meetings, interviews, budget woes, weather, etc.), just way more than usual. It's nice that I got a little bit of Zen from my favorite location in Oregon, now I just hope it lasts.

No comments: