Monday, March 30, 2009

Anybody need a tshirt? . . .


Not sure when it happened exactly, I guess it has just occurred over time. My wardrobe for work. Long gone are the days of Ralph Lauren suits, Nine West heels, Obsession perfume and London Fog raincoats. That seems like a lifetime ago. I use to love to shop for nice clothes to go to work in everyday. I'd enjoy spending hours at Meier & Frank, JC Penney's and the Nordstrom Rack looking for bargains on slacks (who uses that word anymore?), pantsuits (before Hilary Clinton ruined them), dresses, matching purses, shoes . . . oh the money I could drop . . wooohooo. BUT, I did have a much better salary in those days (pre-low paying school district job) and dressing professional was an expectation. Oh my! how my wardrobe has changed from those days. In the very back, very dark corner of my closet I have retained 2 nice black dresses from the "old" days. . . that's it. For years I couldn't part with the many outfits I had accumulated, but eventually I saw no need to keep hanging on to them. My clothing attire these days is an eclectic mix of tshirts, polos, hoodie sweatshirts and nylon pullover jackets . . . period. Collected from nearly every sport, musical, activity, playoff or championship event that happens during the school year. "Hey, Mrs. C you want one of our baseball tshirts?" "Sure, why not" "Mrs. C, here is one of our playoff tshirts, aren't they great, the boosters got them for us, you need to wear it on Friday!". "OK". "Nice shirt, Mrs. C thanks for supporting the danceteam!". So that's how it happens. I have gone from a sort of fashion conscience professional to a tshirt/hoodie wearer. I'm not sure why I did this the other day, curious I guess, but I counted how many school related tshirts I have . . . . 48 (short sleeve), 23 (long sleeve), that's not counting ones I have saved for sentimental reasons. Like the old district & state wrestling championship tshirts during the years the boys wrestled (I know, it's pathetic). Uh, hoodie sweatshirts with team logos on them . . . there would be 18 of those, polos and nylon pullovers . . oh there would be 13 of those. So as you see, I have a wide variety of choices of what to wear on any given day. It's just that there are some days that I miss the old professional me. If I did dress as the me in my previous life, this is what I'd hear: "Geezzz, Mrs. C, are you going on a job interview, don't you like it here anymore? (hmmm, let me think about that . . ha!)" "Did you go to a funeral today or something? I'm sorry", "Why are you all dressed up is somebody getting married?" So as I rotate my tshirts at the end of each school year, to make room for the new batch next year, maybe I will try on one of those black dresses and some heels and think about how completely uncomfortable they would be to wear again everyday!!!

1 comment:

sorre said...

he has a good point https://www.dolabuy.ru helpful resources Fendi Dolabuy click here to read dolabuy gucci