Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh sheesh, Am I on "The Office"? . .

At the high school staff meeting this last week, I was called to the front of the auditorium. "We would like to congratulate you on being nominated Classified Employee of the Month". For the non-union people out there, the school's consist of certified (teachers) and classified (everybody else) staff that are employed by the district. A monthly selection is made based on nominations entered into boxes placed around school with the kids and staff submitting names. So embarrassingly I walk to the front and nod to the crowd (I hate this stuff) and head back to my seat, with a certificate to use the reserved parking space for one month (that parts nice) and a "Viking" pride pin. Why do I feel like I am in an episode of "The Office" while this is happening? it could be the animated way (Michael Scott way) in which our principal makes the presentation . . that is exactly it I'm sure. Another part of the accolade is to hang up personal items in a wall mounted display case that is near the entrance of the school.

This weekend I gathered my collection of where I've come from and a bit of who I am . . some things are:

  • A picture of my mom and dad, brothers, a baby picture, picture of when I was on Romper room (we are talking ancient history now), pictures of Dale & I in high school, our wedding picture, picture of the boys when they were small, their high school wrestling pictures, Chad & Josh's family wedding picture, and pictures of my cutie pie grandsons.
  • Yearbook photo of Peggy & I in FEAST class (they still have that class, thought the kids would enjoy seeing our old fashion aprons!)
  • My Neil Armstrong Titans pep rally uniform (don't ask me to try and fit into it . . hmmfff)
  • Some tole painting books, paints, brushes and a completed project.
  • My FGHS diploma, a copy of the Viking Connection Newspaper from 1974.
  • A Varsity FG letter, some ribbons from my prom corsages.
  • The following DVD's: The Office, Cool Hand Luke, Animal House, Barbra Streisand One Voice, Ocean's Eleven, Shawshank Redemption, Curly Top - Shirley Temple
  • The following Album covers (no CD's, humbug) - Elton John Yellow Brick Road, Beatle's Abby Road, Bachman Turner Overdrive (I know these are sooooo old, but hey! what can i say)
  • Some snapshots of camping, Mexico, and weekends with the paint ladies.

I decided that was enough of me in a nutshell! I did have to reconsider some favorite pictures from being displayed, can't let those kids see me with umbrella drinks in my hand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old memories can be great! At least I think yours and mine were fun. The best times from high school were in FEAST!!!! I still tell kids to do the program if it is available. Our senior year was the best ever because of it! Just like Dale and Steve told us it would be! Course it was nice being teachers pets!